Austart Air Starters
Austart Air Starters are an industry standard for pneumatically powered engine starting for use in hazardous environments, particularly in the oil & gas industry where safety, performance and reliability are paramount.
KH Equipment is the designer and manufacturer of Austart Air Starters. With more than 30 years’ experience in non-electric engine starting technology and 40 specialist staff, KHE has been successfully supplying air starting solutions to the Mining, Marine, Oil and Gas sectors worldwide.
Prior Diesel an Austart agent holds an extensive range of stock and is equipped to provide full technical support, unrivalled service and direct OEM access to both UK and European markets.
The Austart range of air starters are used to start engines in critical hazardous areas within the harshest of environments. The Austart ATS starter series conform to the most stringent of standards and are ATEX (zones 1 & 2) certified.
Austart offer a comprehensive range of starter models catering for European, American and Japanese engine manufacturers. We offer a wide range of starter configurations to suit various standard engine applications and will also tailor products to suit your exact application if required. Austart starters are suitable for diesel and gas powered engines from 1 to 400 litres displacement or engine power ranges of 5kW to 7500kW.
These are just some of the benefits for choosing Austart:
· Pre engaged drive systems for long life or inertia drives for simplistic systems.
· Flange and pinions for SAE standards or specials produced to meet requirements.
· Universal band clamps allow full 360 degree orientation without the need of starter disassembly.
· Standard enclosed nose cone or overhung pinion models available.
· Simplistic designs allow improved serviceability and easy field maintenance.
· Non sparking drive pinions available in Beryllium Copper Bronze.
Other non-electric starting options – As well as air starters, Austart also provides both spring starting and hydraulic starting solutions.
Both options are safe for use in hazardous environments and can be used either as a primary start method or as a secondary/back up engine starting option for critical applications such as emergency power or fire pumps etc.
Prior Diesel is a specialist in safe non-electric engine starting solutions.